SPARKS, Md. (PRNewswire) — Bold grill masters looking to elevate their game on the grates this summer needn't look any further than the new McCormick® Grill Mates® & Lawry's® Flavor Forecast® 2013: Grilling Edition. From a global leader in flavor, this grilling report identifies the top tastes, trends and techniques that will be inspiring backyard cooks all season long. Smoke & spice pairings, grilled fruit drinks and DIY condiments are among the list of trends that will be sizzling on barbeques across the country.
"Now everyone can discover a few easy, new tricks to bring these tasty and trendy flavors to their outdoor meals," said Chef Mark Garcia of the McCormick Kitchens. "For example, grilling lemons before adding to lemonade imparts a smoky flavor to a classic summer beverage. And using pecan wood chips on the grill brings a sweet, nutty intensity to chicken, pork or vegetables and pairs beautifully with a molasses bacon seasoning."
Following are the leading trends from the McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry's Flavor Forecast 2013: Grilling Edition:
- 7 Flavors to Watch:
- Sweet Tea
- Smoked Tomato
- Pecan Wood
- White Peach
- DIY Condiments:Personalized condiments are shaking up traditional burger, hot dog and sausage toppers.
- TRY IT NOW: Smoky Tomato Ketchup with Poblano Chile
- 5-Minute Marinating: This hands-on method slashes prep time and delivers big flavor in less time than it takes to heat the grates.
- TRY IT NOW: Spicy Teriyaki-Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Peaches
- Charred Fruit Drinks:Adding grilled fruits to classic summertime drinks like sangria, lemonade and iced tea imparts a unique sweet and smoky flavor.
- TRY IT NOW: Fresh Lemonade with Grilled Lemons and Watermelon
- Social S'mores:Taking inspiration from the nostalgic flame-roasted treat, this play on s'mores features a gooey Vanilla Marshmallow Creme that requires no toasting.
- TRY IT NOW: Chocolate Pretzel Social S'mores
- Smoke & Spice Pairings:Pairing the right spice blend and wood flavor with your favorite foods takes grilling to new heights.
- TRY IT NOW: Molasses-Bacon Pork Tenderloin with Smoked Tomatoes
- Breads on the Grill: Breads of all shapes, sizes and origins offer new flavors and textures for grillers to explore.
- TRY IT NOW: Grilled Naan served with Arugula & Pine Nut Pesto