NEW YORK (PRNewswire) — What's a sad breakfast? Those breakfasts that are big on convenience and short on satisfaction and they are (sadly) on the rise. Looking to save sad breakfast sufferers from manufactured muffins, soggy cereal, bland oatmeal and burnt toast, Chobani, America's No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand, is putting a stake — or rather a spoon — in the ground with the launch of a national mission to #StopSadBreakfast, starting with the introduction of its convenient, protein-packed, hearty and delicious new product, Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats – a blend of creamy Greek Yogurt, with 10 grams of protein, 8 grams of whole grain and 3 grams of fiber from gluten-free steel-cut oats and real fruit.
With the help of professional chef, reality TV star and Chobani fan Lauren "Lo" Bosworth, Chobani's #StopSadBreakfast mission officially kicks off today with the opening of its #StopSadBreakfast pop-up store in New York City's Grand Central Terminal. From 7-10 a.m. EDT today through Thursday, Oct. 9, commuters can stop by for some free Chobani Oats, while supplies last, – with 10 grams of protein, 8 grams of whole grains and as much fiber as a packet of instant oatmeal, it's breakfast in a cup. Chobani also is serving cups of its delicious yogurt-oats blend to breakfast sufferers on-the-go near Bryant Park at 6th Avenue between 41st and 42nd Street in New York City.
"If there's one thing I've learned as a new business owner and chef, it's how important it is to start your day off with the right fuel! That's why I'm thrilled to join Chobani on their mission to stop sad breakfast and offer a better way to start mornings," said Bosworth. "As a chef, I am passionate about sharing good food made from only natural ingredients. I've been using Chobani to cook with for years and now with Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats, I can start my days off with a delicious cup to keep me going all morning long."
Chobani Oats bridges the breakfast gap between yogurt and oats, offering Chobani's take on oatmeal, and is available in four flavors – Apple Cinnamon, Banana Maple, Blueberry and Cranberry – to start the day off right.
"From the beginning, we've been on a mission to make better food for more people, and with our Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats we're doubling down on a better breakfast," said Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Brand Officer, Chobani. "Our mission to stop sad breakfast and give people more options is our fun way of highlighting the need for better, brighter food to get your day off to a good start."
Stopping Sad Breakfast: Chobani's Mission In Action
Chobani's mission to #StopSadBreakfast extends beyond the Big Apple with a multi-faceted campaign that kicks off today:
- Free Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats. Anyone can join the Greek Yogurt maker on its mission simply by sharing a photo of their sad breakfast tagged #StopSadBreakfast. For all who do, Chobani will reward them with a complimentary cup of delicious, nutritious Chobani Oats.
- Partnership with The Onion. One of the leading news satirists, The Onion, will help introduce America to the rise of sad breakfast and Chobani's mission to stop it with custom content that will appear in print, digital and social channels beginning mid-October.
- Workplace Takeovers. In October in select cities throughout the country, including Houston, Atlanta, Chicago and Minneapolis, Chobani will surprise select workplaces by taking over office refrigerators and restocking shelves to replace sad breakfasts with cups of Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats.
- "Cho-ffeur" Pedicabs. In Chicago, Washington, D.C. and Boston, pedicabs specially-designed to look like a cup of Chobani Oats "cho-ffeur" morning commuters to work with surprise rides and breakfast on-the-go around major transportation hubs.
- "Oats-terventions." An original content series available on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, shows Chobani intercepting unsuspecting sad breakfast sufferers, swapping their breakfast with Chobani Oats –humorous "Oats-terventions" captured coast-to-coast.
For those who want a better breakfast, Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats can be found in mass merchants and grocery stores nationwide, including Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, Safeway, ShopRite and more. For more details about Chobani's mission to #StopSadBreakfast, visit www.Chobani.com or @Chobani.
Maker of America's No. 1–selling Greek Yogurt brand, Chobani, LLC, was founded on the belief that people have great taste — they just need great options. Chobani produces high-quality authentic strained Greek Yogurt products made with only natural ingredients from its New Berlin, N.Y., and Twin Falls, Idaho, plants. Chobani is committed to using milk from regional-area farms and strengthening its surrounding local economies. Chobani gives 10 percent of its annual profits to charities worldwide through the company's charitable foundation. All Chobani products — including Chobani® Greek Yogurt, Chobani Flip™ and Chobani Simply 100™ — are kosher certified, contain five live and active cultures, and are made with milk from cows not treated with rBST*, with most of its products offering two times more protein than regular yogurt. Chobani products are available nationwide in the U.S. and Australia, and in countries in Asia and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and www.facebook.com/chobani.