1 EMT dead in Texas carbon monoxide accident

One emergency medical technician died and three co-workers are hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide while on duty in east Texas.A spokeswoman at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview, which operates Champion EMS in White Oak, says the victims were discovered around 7...

One emergency medical technician died and three co-workers are hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide while on duty in east Texas.

A spokeswoman at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview, which operates Champion EMS in White Oak, says the victims were discovered around 7 a.m. Friday by other workers during shift change.

Victoria Ashworth told The Associated Press that the carbon monoxide apparently was from a generator left running on an ambulance.

Ashworth says a 29-year-old female EMT, who was in training, was pronounced dead after being transported to the hospital. Ashworth says a paramedic and two emergency medical technicians, all male, are in good condition. Their names were not immediately released.

White Oak is a town of about 6,200, located 115 miles east of Dallas.

β€”β€”β€”

Online:

http://www.gsmc.org/

SOURCE

More