NASA Spacecraft Reveals New Details Of Planet Mercury
NASA's MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging (MESSENGER) spacecraft conducted fifteen laps through the inner solar system for more than six years before achieving the historic orbit insertion on March 18.
Briefing participants are:
- Ed Graykzeck, MESSENGER program manager, NASA Headquarters, Washington
- James Head, III, professor of geological sciences, Brown University
- David Blewett, MESSENGER participating scientist and staff scientist, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), Laurel, Md.
- Patrick Peplowski, staff scientist, APL
- Thomas Zurbuchen, professor of space science and aerospace engineering, University of Michigan
To participate in the teleconference, reporters must contact Dwayne Brown at email@example.com or 202-358-1726, by noon on Sept. 29 for dial-in instructions.
Audio of the teleconference will be streamed live at: