MEDIA ADVISORY: General Motors to Break Ground on New Electric Motor Plant at Baltimore Operations
WHITE MARSH, Md. On Tuesday, May 17, General Motors will break ground on a new electric motor plant at Baltimore Operations.
Executives from General Motors and Constellation Energy, as well as representatives from federal, state, and local government, will participate in breaking ground for a new electric motor plant at GM Baltimore Operations.
GM Foundation & GM Baltimore Operations will be donating several thousand dollars to local charities/community groups.
- Tuesday, May 17
- 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- GM Baltimore Operations
10301 Philadelphia Rd.
White Marsh, Md. 21162
Scheduled to Speak:
- Mike Robinson, GM Vice President of Energy, Environment and Safety Policy
- Gary Casteel, Director United Auto Workers Region 8
- Martin OMalley, Maryland Governor
- U.S. Department of Energy Secretary Steven Chu
- U.S. Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, D- Md.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administrator David Strickland
- Kevin Kamenetz, Baltimore County Executive
- Michael Smith, Senior Vice President of Green Initiatives, Constellation Energy
- Executives and dignitaries participating in ceremonial groundbreaking
- Check presentation ceremony to four community entities
- Solar array display and charging station
Speakers will be available at approximately 10:45 a.m. to discuss project specifics.