Walter P. Chrysler Museum Wraps Up 2010 Cruise Nights with Two August Dates
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 2 /PRNewswire/ --
WHAT: Cruise Nights at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum – fifth annual series
WHEN: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 4 (Jeep® Night) and Aug. 18 (Classic Cruiser Night)
WHERE: Walter P. Chrysler Museum, One Chrysler Dr., Auburn Hills, 48326 (off I-75 at exit 78)
- Cruise Night highlights:
- All makes and models are welcome – rain or shine – for food; music; current Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram vehicle displays and more.
- Check out the inductee displays from the Museum's recent inaugural Walter P. Chrysler Legacy Gala, including the tribute to Richard Petty featuring the 1972 Dodge Charger he drove to victory along with his famous sunglasses and cowboy hat, racing helmet and boots – all autographed and on display in Boss Chrysler's Garage.
- Join in the 50/50 raffle - $1 per ticket with proceeds benefiting the Walter P. Chrysler Museum.
- Four nightly awards – Best Paint, Best Under the Hood, Best Unrestored and People's Choice
- After-hours viewing of the Museum's Born to Race: Dodge Viper Racing Heritage, a special exhibition showcasing eight concept and production models that played a pivotal role in the vehicle's storied history.
- Meet author Robert Genat Wednesday, Aug. 18 – and pick up an autographed copy of his just-released Woodward Avenue: Cruising the Legendary Strip with 15 percent of the $34.95 list price benefiting the Museum. Genat's 29th book – featuring 160 color pages in hardcover – highlights stories from the people who cruised and raced Woodward in the '50s and '60s. Genat showcases Detroit's legendary DJs, hangouts and drive-ins, high-performance car dealerships and legendary speed shops.
- 2010 Cruise Nights are presented by Golling Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Bloomfield Hills, Milosch's Palace Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Rochester Hills.
- Reduced after-hours Museum admission during each Cruise Night: $1 for youth 6 - 12 years and $2 for adults (regularly $4 and $8, respectively). Free admission for children five and younger.
OTHER: Details at www.wpchryslermuseum.org