Mitsubishi Motors Sales Increase More Than 16 Percent in July
CYPRESS, Calif., Aug. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced July sales of 5,648. That’s an increase of 16.5 percent compared to July 2009 and Mitsubishi’s highest monthly sales total since August 2009.
Outlander sales led the way, up 33 percent and increasing more than 30 percent for the second month in a row.
Other July sales highlights included:
- The monthly total of 5,648 was Mitsubishi’s best month in the last twelve months, and the second best month in the last 22 months.
- Lancer Sportback sales were 697 units, more than double its previous highest monthly total (267 in October 2009).
- Outlander sales are up more than 29 percent year-to-date. Outlander sales have increased seven of the past eight months.
- Sales of the fuel-efficient Lancer were up almost five percent compared to last July.
- Galant sales are up more than 43 percent year-to-date, and were up 1.3 percent in July.
- Endeavor SUV sales are up more than 14 percent year-to-date.
“We are pleased that while Lancer, Outlander, and Galant sales remain strong, our newest model, the Lancer Sportback, is also being embraced by customers,” said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. “This bodes very well for our dealers, who will soon have another exciting new model, our Outlander Sport CUV.”
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.