MILWAUKEE -- American Society for Quality (ASQ) has announced the following officers for the 2009-2010 term:
- President -- Peter L. Andres, Boeing Company, Integrated Defense Systems, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Chairman -- Roberto M. Saco, Aporia Advisors, Inc., Coral Gables, Fla.
- President-elect -- E. David Spong, Boeing Company (retired), Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.
- Treasurer -- Jim Rooney, ABSG Consulting, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Newly Elected Board Member -- Lloyd Barker, Alcoa, Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Reelected Board Member -- Kay A. Kendall, Westford, Mass.
Current ASQ president Roberto M. Saco will assume the chairman’s duties July 1, 2009, and Peter L. Andres, who is currently president-elect, will move into the president position.
“As ASQ president, I look forward to meeting challenges together -- doing our work to advance the cause and awareness of quality together,” said Andres, during his official inaugural address at the World Conference Annual Banquet May 19. “We are a community -- a family -- an association of quality professionals. I encourage you to take care of the most important relationships, the relationship with your quality colleagues -- the new ones, the virtual ones, and those most treasured long lasting ones -- after all, it’s about the people.”
Andres has more than 25 years of experience in quality management, primarily in the aerospace industry.
For more information, visit www.asq.org