Held annually, Okuma America's Technology Showcase is designed to give attendees the unique opportunity to see and gain hands-on experience with Okuma’s latest technology and discuss their individual needs with a variety of industry experts. The event will be held at the Okuma America Corporation, Partners in THINC building in Charlotte, NC.
Highlights from Okuma's 2013 Technology Showcase:
- Drew more than 400 attendees, from three countries and 33 states.
- Displayed 27 machines under power, cutting parts for the aerospace, oil and energy, automotive, medical, gun and fluid power industries.
- Demonstrated 16 THINC apps – many of which were designed and written by distributor applications engineers. These applications allow the user to do everything from monitoring coolant concentration and pH, to limiting operator access and receiving remote alarm and message notifications directly from the CNC machine.
- On-machine demonars (brief seminars conducted at the machine with actual cutting demonstrations) were held throughout the event and included titanium machining, gear cutting, automation and gaging.
- Attendees had the opportunity to try the THINC OSP-P300 CNC control on the THINC Try It stations, including the new, 19” P300 control monitor. Three lucky Try It users won iPads.
- A live hand scraping demonstration was conducted and attendees were given the opportunity to show their skill and perform hand scraping.
- Okuma’s mechanical and electrical exchange departments displayed various versions of components, including new, refurbished and damaged spindles, boards and cam boxes.
- 30 members of Partners in THINC were on-hand to demonstrate peripheral equipment and software and to discuss and solve productivity issues.
Please direct inquires about the event to Okuma America.