Blog posts on IMPO usually take a more light-hearted approach to serious topics. It is also where important issues, the likes of manufacturing jobs and liability talks, can be relayed in a more down-to-earth manner.
Topping the list of most-read IMPO blogs was a “Throwback Thursday” piece that included a 1998 safety video titled “Will You Be Here Tomorrow?” The rather graphic video depicts enactments of preventable workplace injuries — ranging from falls, burns, amputations and death. Fair warning, this video is not for the squeamish.
No. 2 on the list, is editor Mike Hockett’s review of OSHA’s Top 10 most-cited violations of 2016. Spoiler alert — the list includes fall protection, hazard communication and lockout/tagout. Which, quite frankly, after writing up my fair-share of OSHA violation stories the past three months, I’m not exactly shocked by.
Check out what other blogs IMPO readers clicked on the most this past year below.
- Throwback Thursday: A Graphic, Horror-Like Factory Safety Video
- OSHA Reveals Its Top Ten Most Cited Violations Of 2016
- New OSHA Injury Reporting Rule Rattles Manufacturing Industry
- Why Welding Is An Incredibly Important Industry
- Today In Manufacturing History: Molasses Flood Kills 21 In Boston
- IMPOssibilities: Air Force One Contract A Head Scratcher
- Today In Manufacturing History: SpaceX's Dragon Re-Enters From Earth's Orbit
- Gun Manufacturers Caught In Controversial Liability Talks
- Is Shoe Manufacturing Making A Return To The U.S.?
- Today In Manufacturing History: The World's Worst Nuclear Accident