Safety is always a hot topic here at IMPO, so it’s no surprise that our contributed articles that centered around increasing safety on the plant floor and the job site to be among the most-read items this year.
Topping our most-read articles list is the inspiring story of Donnie Johnson who suffered third degree burns on his arms and hands and second-degree burns to his face, head and neck caused by an arc flash explosion. In the article, Johnson explains how his recovery and surgeries lasted almost two years — all because he didn’t take less than a minute to put on his arc flash PPE.
Read more about Johnson’s story — as well as other top topics from 2016 — below. Did your favorite story make the list?
- Donnie Johnson: Story Of An Arc Flash Survivor
- Companies Struggle To Find Employees With Basic Assembly Skills
- 5 Common Eyewash Myths Debunked
- Bicycle Manufacturing On Rise As Cars Take Back Seat
- Mindsets That Lead To Unsafe Plant Maintenance, And How To Change Them
- This Machine Can Cut Titanium Like A Hot Knife Through Butter
- What NASCAR Can Teach Your Operators And Maintenance Department
- Addressing The Skills Gap In 2016
- How Manufacturers Conceal Severe Injury Reports — By The Numbers
- The Principles Of Lean Manufacturing