Pilot Plant Facility
Classified by type and production capacity, the Rensselaer site offers the following capabilities and equipment:
- Four production suites using an open plan, multi-purpose reaction train system.
- 50- to 300-gallon glass-lined and Hastelloy reactor trains.
- Multi-functional filtration/dryer technology capabilities.
- A typical production scale from 5 to 100 kg.
“The pilot plant facility is an open-concept facility,” says Saffee. “We can mix and match equipment, and run chemistry across all of them.”
AMRI boasts three high-potency (HP) compound production suites all in a state-of-the art facility. “This is one of the outstanding capabilities that this site has,” says Saffee. “The ability to start at grams and move up to higher quantities – our customers tell us that rarely can they find a CMO that has this capacity and capability.”
Each of the below HP production suites include the following:
- A Howorth Technologies 3.8 m3 isolator.
- A total containment for glass reactors up to 25 L.
- A typical production scale from 25 g to 2 kg.
- A Flanders 1.74 m3 isolator.
- Walk-in laminar fume hoods with 50- to 400-L glass and Hastelloy reactors.
- A typical production scale from 1 to 40 kg.
- Howorth Technologies isolators.
- Up to two Hastelloy 1,200-L reactors.
- A typical production scale from 3 to 120 kg.
- Plug-and-play services and overhead connectivity for rapid re-configuration of equipment trains.
Please tune into tomorrow’s Chemical Equipment Daily for part five of this five-part series. To read part one of this five-part series, please click here. To read part two of this five-part series, please click here. To read part three of this five-part series, please click here.