Engineering Newswire 6: Get Lost with Apple's iPhone 5
Thu, 10/04/2012 - 9:16am
In this episode of Engineering Newswire, brought to you by PD&D TV:
- The new iPhone 5 features a thinner, lighter design, with a taller screen, a faster processor, and updated software, everything you'd hope to expect from a new phone -- except a suitable map app.
- Rethink Robotics has unleashed a revolution in manufacturing with the friendly faced, factory robot: Baxter.
- XYZ SPACEFRAME VEHICLES has created a low-cost, light-weight, highly durable bike construction requiring only simple hand-held, non-specialized tools to produce.
- A team of researchers developed a windshield wiper to eliminate iron Martian dust from the sensors on space crafts that travel to the red planet.
- The Chinese factory owned by Foxconn, Apple's iPhone manufacturer, was in turmoil this week when 2,000 workers decided to throw hands as a way to highlight chronic labor tensions.