Motorola Offers Freezer-Rated Hardware For Better Cold Chain Efficiency
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (Schaumburg, Ill.) has developed three new products that will withstand the demands of extremely cold environments. The Omnii XG15f is the latest addition to the Psion Omnii line of rugged handhelds, while the VH10 and VH10f are new vehicle-mounted mobile computers designed specifically for freezer and heavy condensation applications. All of these products are engineered to work in conditions that normally slows displays and drains most batteries, and come with field-replaceable pistol grips, keyboards, touchscreen and data capture options to help simplify repairs.
Other details and facts of the Omnii XT15f include:
- A construction that makes it ideal for data capture and traceability applications.
- “Frost-free” scanning technology for uninterrupted usage, with an automatically de-fogging barcode scanner.
- A specialized keyboard designed to resist freezing keys.
- Two different models, including an Arctic version that features a battery that can last twice as long as a traditional battery at -30°C.
Details of the Psion VH10 and VH10f include:
- An option quick-release mount that allows the computers to be installed and removed for greater efficiency.
- A rugged keyboard with 12 dedicated and configurable function keys to address compatability reiqurements with warehouse management systems.
- A unique system of heaters for protection against internal and external condensation, plus a heated touchscreen to help reduce downtime.
To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com.