Mid-Drive Belt Conveyor Clears Space at Ends Of Conveyors
The new 2200 Series Mid Drive belt conveyor platform from Dorner Mfg. (Hartland, Wis.) frees up the motor and mounts from both ends of the conveyor, creating additional available space for operator and machine interfaces. Plus, the compact three roller design is 40 percent smaller than tensioned-center drives, clearing more space along the entire conveyor.
The Mid Drive can be easily positioned anywhere along the length of the conveyor. With the drive in the middle, both ends are available for nosebar transfers tails, which aide in moving small product on and off of the conveyor to reduce product loss or damage. The drive is capable of speeds up to 400 ft/min and loads up to 80 pounds. In addition, the innovative Mid Drive design is two halves comes apart — one half falls away so the belt can quickly and easily be changed in a matter of minutes. Lastly, with the Mid Drive comes with Dorner’s V-guided belt, which eliminates belt-tracking issues.
Features and benefits of the 2200 Series Mid Drive conveyor platform include:
• Mid Drive module frees up both ends of the conveyor for operator and machine interface
• Module can be easily positioned anywhere along the length of the conveyor
• Nosebar transfer tails available at both ends of the conveyor
• Innovative two half design provides quick belt change
• Compact three roller design is 40 percent smaller than tensioned center drives
• V-guided belt compatibility eliminates belt tracking maintenance
• Drive is bi-directional for increased flexibility
To learn more about the 2200 Mid Drive belt conveyor platform, visit www.dornerconveyors.com.