Thermo Fischer Scientific (San Jose, Calif.) has joined up with METTLER TOLEDO for a combined Titration/Ion Chromatography (IC) system, which is designed to provide fast and accurate automated water analysis for laboratories testing the quality of water. The Titration/IC system uses a single software package that integrates a METTLER TOLEDO Excellence titrator and two IC systems into a single system, which reduces operating complexity. According to the companies, this can reduce costs compares do operating the workflow as separate analytical systems. Major features of the system include:
- Completed analysis in as quickly as 20 minutes.
- The ability to accurately determine a sample’s pH, conductivity and total alkalinity, along with IC analysis of standard anions and standard cations.
- Standard: F-, Cl-, NO2-, Br-, NO3-, PO43-, SO42-
- Cation: Na+, NH4+, K+, Mg2+, Ca2+
- The Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon software, which integrates instrument control and processes results into a single report.
- The ability to determine an appropriate sample injection volume for ion chromatography analysis.
To learn more, visit www.thermoscientific.com/titrationIC.