Chicago Pneumatic (Rock Hill, SC) has introduced 18 new models in its CP3000 series of straight industrial die grinders and an additional 18 models in the CP3030 series of angled industrial die grinders and sanders. The tools range in power from 0.4HP (300 watts) to 0.7HP (500 watts) and speeds from 15,000 to 30,000 RPM. According to the company, the tools are designed for a wide range of light metal working operations — such as contouring, de-burring and light chamfering — when used with 1/4" (6mm) carbide burrs and mounted points. In addition, they can be used for sanding when equipped with 3" (76mm) sanding pads. The CP3000 and CP3030 tools have a composite body that is ergonomically designed to offer very low vibration, low weight, low noise and a streamlined safety trigger.
The CP3000 Series:
- A gearless construction in 0.4, 0.5 and 0.7HP models.
- Speed increments of 15k, 18k, 20k, 24k, 25k and 30k RPM.
- Either rear or front exhaust versions.
The CP3030 Series:
- A 97 degree angle for improved ability to work in corners.
- Speed increments of 18k, 20k, 24k, 25k and 30k RPM for grinders, and 15k, 20k and 25k RPM for sanders.
- Either rear or front exhaust versions for grinders, and front exhaust versions for sanders.
To get more information, visit www.cp.com.