For the second year in a row, FIRST Robotics teams will demonstrate their entries into the 2013 FIRST Robotics Competition on the show floor. This year’s competition encourages students to build Frisbee-throwing machines and tests the accuracy of the robots’ aim.
Maria Ferrante, vice president, Education & Workforce Development, PMMI, said in a statement: “FIRST allows K–12 students to experience the STEM subjects as practical applications for what they learn in school. By bringing them to PACK EXPO, we also open up to them an environment where they can see technology in action, and can imagine themselves designing and/or using packaging and processing machinery.”
The teams invited include:
- Cimarron-Memorial High School (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Northwest Career & Technical Academy (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Coronado High School (Henderson, Nev.)
- Boulder City High School (Boulder City, Nev.)
- Foothill High School (Henderson, Nev.)
Learn more about the show at www.packexpo.com.