Eriez (Erie, PA) has introduced the SumpDoc, a portable inline fluid reclamation machine that provides coolant restoration and rejuvenation treatment of metalworking fluids with minimal operator interface. According to the company, there is no interruption in the production cycle, and no need to transport fluids. The SumpDoc can be wheeled up alongside a machine tool or parts washer to provide full-service fluid reclamation. Primary features of the SumpDoc include:
- A sump cleaned for the removal of all sludge and solids 50-micron and larger.
- A pleated bag filter and housing for the removal of solids down to 10-micron.
- A high-speed centrifuge to remove emulsified tramp oil.
- Electrical controls with a touch-screen keyboard.
- A complete, mobile platform that can be moved around a facility as needed.
The SumpDoc operates in three easy steps, the first of which consists of the operator selecting the Sump Vac Mode from the dashboard controls. The second step involves positioning the air-operated diaphragm pump is positioned in the machine tool sump. The coolant continuously re-circulates to the sump during the filtration mode to provide uninterrupted machine tool operation. And the final step is where the machine checks the coolant concentration level with an onboard digital refractometer.
To get more information, visit www.eriez.com/hydroflow.