Detectable Spherical Bearings For Sensitive Applications
East Providence, R.I. — igus, developer and manufacturers of plastic bearings and other products, has recently revealed its line of detectable, self-aligning bearings for the food industry. These igubal bearings include a range of lubrication and maintenance-free rod-end bearings, clevis joints, flanged units, press fit and pedestal bearings. Both the housing and spherical ball are detectable by standard metal-detection systems, which prevents contamination if bearing failure were to occur. Other features include:
- An easy installation process, plus the ability to adjust to all angular misalignments.
- The ability to replace traditional metal bearings, which can weigh up to 80 percent more.
- A dry-running operation that is unaffected by dirt and dust.
- Corrosion resistance, and an operating temperature range of -40 to 176°F.
- High levels of compressive strength and elasticity.
Learn more by visiting www.igus.com/igubal .