Manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region cooled slightly in December, though sentiment surrounding manufacturing employment took a turn for the better.
A three-month poll found that many would like a national RoHS directive from Congress.
In a world where companies of all shapes and sizes are cutting costs, the one thing General Motors and Ford can’t afford to do is cut corners. But how do they reverse the impact of trends that have already led to the elimination of tens of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in sales?
Market will reach almost $79 billion in 2010, as manufacturers continue to invest in automation equipment, according to ARC study.
Stations are in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Gallois is "committed personally" to keeping delivery schedule, despite two-year setback.
Economic growth in the U.S. was softer than originally thought in the third quarter, as consumers reined in their spending and home building slowed.
Cash transaction expected to close in the first quarter of 2007.
Cites demand for mining and construction vehicles.
Nissan and NEC could establish joint venture that would make lithium ion batteries for use in hybrid and fuel cell cars.
Raytheon will sell its Raytheon Aircraft Co. to Hawker Beechcraft Corp.
Plant has become flagship for flexible manufacturing.
Sales includes all of GE Energy's global hydro business, except for operations in Norway and Sweden.
Companies will form Welspun-Lone Star Tubulars, with Lone Star having a 40 percent stake and Welspun controlling the remaining 60 percent.
Price increase of up to 10 percent applies to shipments on or after Jan. 15, 2007.
The state that brought us, “Great Faces, Great Places” can tack on something else to its slogan: The largest creator of manufacturing jobs in the Midwest in 2006.
Approval seen as softening of opposition to Taiwanese investments in mainland China.
Company expects all 750 employees to return to work by the end of January.
FPL Energy's acquisition will almost double its Midwest power generation operations.